Billie M. Thompson, Ph.D. - Biography
Billie M. Thompson, Ph.D., is Founder and Director of Sound Listening &
Learning Centers in Phoenix, Arizona and Pasadena, California. Dr. Thompson
received her doctorate in 1979 from Arizona State University and was trained
and certified by the developers of the methods offered in the Centers,
including Dr. Tomatis. She is a specialist in human development training who
has spent 25 years in the educational and training fields. A pioneer in
bringing the Tomatis Method to the U.S, she has hosted U.S. Tomatis training
with Dr. A. A. Tomatis and edited the English translations of two Tomatis
books, The Conscious Ear and The Ear and Language. With Don Campbell, Dr.
Thompson hosted 2 week Power of Sound workshops from 1992-97. She is
organizing US training for the Tomatis Method.
Recent national presentations include:
- Pavlovian Society (1999)
- Magic Ears Conference (New Mexico) 1999
- CDIC (Children's Disabilities Information Coalition) 1999
- New Jersey Association for Speech and Hearing 1999
- International Alliance for Accelerated Learning 1998
- International Listening Association 1998
- National Music Therapy 1997
- National Orff Schulwerk Conference 1997
- Human Adaptation in Music 1997
- Numerous presentations at national, state, and local Educational Training and
Development Associations and Autistic Associations.