Past Conference Listings - 1999
This is a list of 1998 conferences that have come and gone. Usually,
similar conferences will be held again. Sometimes these conferences
are at the same location and sometimes a completely different location.
So, if you are interested in the subject matter, contacting the conference
coordinator can help you locate the next scheduled conference.
Spiritual Wisdom and Mental Health Netconference: Integrating
Non-Dualistic Approaches Into Healing
December 1998 - January 1999
Experience the profound, liberating insights of timeless wisdom traditions
and enhance your professional skills and expertise.
- With an exceptional faculty of recognized and respected innovators
and practitioners from the mental health and medical fields
- With an inspiring blend of learning and sharing, theory and practice
- Through varied educational formats, including presentations,
experiential sessions, and informal breaks with colleagues.
The presenter sessions will be in RealAudio format over the course of
the NetConference. Presentation details available on
Netconference Web Site.
- Caroline Palden Alioto (Lama Palden)
Opening the Door to Non-dual Awareness and Compassion
- Arjuna Nick Ardagh
Relaxing into Clear Seeing
- Stephan Bodian, M.A., MFCC
The Practice of Presence in Meditation and Psychotherapy
- Peter Fenner, Ph. D., and Penny Fenner - Non-dualistic Therapy:
Blending the Intimacy of Therapy with the Liberating Vision of Buddhist Wisdom
- Dennis Gersten, M.D.
Ultimate Mind: Experience Your Inner Greatness
- Dorothy Hunt
Working With What Is: Psychotherapy and Non-Dual Experience
- Phyllis Krystal
Cutting the Ties That Bind Us and That Prevent Identification with the Real Self
- Robert Leverant, MFCC
The Practice of Non-dual Psychotherapy
- Ronald Mann, Ph.D.
Miraculous Healing: Where Does It Come From, Where Does It Go?
- Jean-Marc Mantel, M.D.
Non-dual Experience and Liberation from Suffering
- John Prendergast, Ph.D.
Transcendence and Transformation: The Role of the Energy Body in Transpersonal Psychotherapy
- Bruce W. Scotton, M.D.
Three Paths to Oneness
- Carlos Warter, M.D., Ph.D.
The Healing Power of Your Sacred Self
- Bryan Wittine, Ph.D.
Duality and Nonduality In Transpersonal Psychotherapy
Register on the Netconference
Alternative Medicine: Implications for Clinical Practice
Boston Marriott Copley Place
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
February 28 - March 3, 1998
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center & Center for Alternative
Medicine Research and Education
Under the Direction of David M. Eisenberg, MD
Alternative (a.k.a. "complementary," "integrative") medical therapies encompass a broad
spectrum of practices and beliefs. Functionally defined, these are medical interventions neither
taught widely in U.S. medical schools nor generally available in U.S. hospitals. Examples include
chiropractic, acupuncture, homeopathy, massage and herbal therapies.
In light of evidence that at least one in three U.S. patients routinely uses alternative
therapies, and the majority of alternative therapy users do not discuss these practices with
their physicians, there is a need for professional education and improved patient-provider
communication in this area.
Who Should Attend
- General internists
- Family practitioners
- Licensed social workers
- Managed care executives
- Health benefits administrators
- Licensed alternative medicine providers
Conference Will Provide Participants With:
- A basic understanding of the theory, practice, and patterns of use of commonly used
alternative medical therapies.
- A literature review assessing the efficacy and safety of commonly used alternative therapies.
- Strategies whereby clinicians can responsibly advise adult and pediatric patients who
use or seek alternative medical therapies.
- Understanding of the legal, ethical, and financial aspects of alternative medical practice,
including reimbursement, licensure, and malpractice liability.
- State-of-the-Science Update from U.S., Canadian, and European Research Directors
- Alternative Medicine: Introduction and Overview (David Eisenberg, MD)
- Historical/Cultural Perspectives (Ted Kaptchuk, OMD)
- Homeopathy (David Reilly, MD, FRCP, MRCGP, FFHom)
- Chiropractic (Scott Halderman, DC, MD, PhD)
- Evidence of Efficacy of Naturopathic Regiments for Common Conditions
(Michael Murray, ND and Joseph Pizzorno, Jr., ND)
- Major Herbal Medicines for Which Clinical Studies Appear Promising
(Norman Farnsworth, PhD)
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (David Eisenberg, MD)
- Massage - Overview (Janet Kahn, PhD)
- Massage - Research (Tiffany Field, PhD)
- Antioxidant Vitamins and Cardiovascular Disease: Current and Future Directions
(Charles Hennekens, MD, DrPh)
- Reclaiming Meaning in the Health Professions (Rachel Naomi Remen, MD)
- Practice Guidelines: Advising Patients Who Seek Alternative Medical Therapy
(David Eisenberg, MD)
- Choices in Healing: Integrating the Best of Conventional and Complementary Approaches
to Cancer (Michael Lerner, PhD)
- Malpractice Liability Issues (David Studdert, LLB, MPH, ScD)
- Integrative Medicine (Andrew Weil, MD)
- Integrating Mainstream, Complementary, and Alternative Therapies in Pediatrics
(Kathi Kemper, MD, MPH)
- Therapies for HIV Infection (Calvin Cohen, MD, MSc)
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine Approaches to the Management of Coronary
Heart Disease (Steven Horowitz, MD)
- Office of Dietary Supplements, National Institutes of Health (Fernadette Marriott, PhD)
- Panel Discussions with Center Directors
- Breakout Sessions on Acupuncture, Billing & Reimbursement, Chiropractic, Herbal Therapies,
Homeopathy, Identifying Information Resources, Massage/Bodywork, Naturopathy.
- State-of-the-Science Symposia -- Experts from Harvard Med School, Columbia Presbyterian
Hospital, Scotland, Univeristy of Texas (Houston), University of Exeter (UK), Tzu Chi
Institute for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Columbia University, Holland,
Stanford University, German, University of Maryland, University of California (SF)
For registration information, please contact:
P.O. Box 825
Boston, MA 02117-0825
The Psychology of Consciousness, Energy Medicine and Dynamic Change:
The Definitive Practitioner's Conference on the Clinical Application of
Intention, Intuition, Consciousness and the Integration of Spirituality
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, USA
March 8-14, 1999
1999 marks the third anniversary of our conference on Psychology of Consciousness, Energy
Medicine and Dynamic Change. For the past two years, this event has been held on the west
coast. This year we are bringing this comprehensive gathering to beautiful Hilton Head
Island, South Carolina.
We continue to focus on perspectives that enhance a person's ability to change as we explore
groundbreaking developments in consciousness, intention, intuition and quantum physics. Our goal
is to present practitioner-oriented sessions that deliver proven strategic tools you can use to
enhance your practice.
The course have been created to bring together ideas we think you will find both pragmatic
and exciting. As in the past, we continue to search for speakers who represent the leaders of
these ideas - many of whom you will not hear anywhere else. Simply stated, this conference
is the most effective way to meet and learn from the pioneers in this field.
The oceanside setting, along with the magnificent sunrises and sunsets, will put you in the
right frame of mind to study, learn and share experiences. Network with your peers in this
relaxing environment and go home rejuvenated, ready to face new challenges.
Overall Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of this conference participants should be able to:
- Describe the latest findings in mind/body and complimentary therapies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theories behind such healing modalities as
meditation, subtle energy, hypnosis, qigong, intuition, and guided imagery.
- Discuss the clinical application and implementation of current behavioral medicine therapies.
- How to Care For, Feed, and Train Your Brain for a Lifetime of Health, Wisdom and Memory
(Dharma Singh Khalsa, MD & Mona Lisa Schulz, MD, PhD)
- An Introduction to Clinical Hypnosis and Mind/Body Healing (Ernest Rossi, PhD)
- Advanced Hypnosis: How to be Powerful in the Utilization of Hypnotic Approaches in
Clinical Practice (Helen Erickson, RN, PhD and Sandra Sylvester, Phd)
- Enhancing Your Intuitive Skills: Using the Power of Intuition to Excel in Patient Care
(Judith Orloff, MD)
- Subtle Energy Medicine: A Comprehensive Certificate Training Course
(Christine Page, MD and Martha Howard, MD)
- Zero Balancing: The Relationship of Body Energy to Body Structure (Fritz Smith, MD)
Main Conference Workshops
- Horizons of Healing: The New Edge of Science (Joan Borysneko, PhD)
- Dreams, Consciousness, Spirit: The Quantum Dynamics of Self-Reflection and Healing
(Ernest Rossi, PhD)
- Cultivation of the Soul: A Unified Energy Field Theory of Physiology and Healing
(Leonard Wisneski, MD)
- Awakening Intuition: The Anatomy of Memories, Dreams and Intuition (Mona Lisa Schulz, MD, Phd)
- Revitalizing the Mind, Body and Soul through the Art of Meditation (Sandra Sylvester, PhD)
- The Red Road to Healing: Native Approaches to Mind-Body Health (Kenneth Cohen, MA)
- Discovering Your Psychic Gifts: A Healer's True Legacy (Judith Orloff, MD)
- Guided Imagery as a Healing Therapeutic Tool (Charles Leviton, EdD)
- The Ageless Mind: New Developments in the Prevention and Reversal of Memory Loss
(Dharma Singh Khalsa, MD)
- The Wizardry of a Genius: An Introduction to the Philosophy and Techniques of
Ericksonian Hypnosis (Helen Erickson, RN, PhD)
- Living in Harmony with the Universe: The Subtle Field of Intentional Healing with Qi
(Martha Howard, MD)
- A Path of Our Own: A Woman's Journey to God (Joan Borysenko, PhD)
- The Boundless Territory of Intuition (Judith Orloff, MD, Christine Page, MD and
Mona Lisa Schulz, MD, PhD)
- The Science of Consciousness (Peter Russell, MA, DCS)
- They Come by Light: Healing Gifts and the Near-Death Experience (Kenneth Ring, PhD)
- Overcoming and Preventing Vision Problems (Meir Schneider, PhD, LMT)
- Neurophysiology of Performance: Understanding How Brain Chemistry Affects Mood and Behavior
(Joel Robertson, PharmD)
- Bioenergy: A Healing Art (Mietek Wirkus, MA and Margaret Wirkus, MA)
- Exact Dose Energy Medicine: An Orthomolecular Approach to Cancer (Ken Emonds, PhD)
- Self-Help, Change and Growth Through Onine Communities and Resources (John Grohol, PsyD)
- Intuition: Awakening to Our Own Inner Resonance (Christine Page, MD)
- Touching Spirit: Awakening the Healer Within (Elizabeth Stratton, MS)
- Romancing the Shadow: Illuminating the Dark Side of the Soul (Connie Zweig, PhD)
- Complementary Pain Management: The Mind-Body Connection (Richard Prince, MD and Michael Lee, MA)
- HeartMath: Technology for Self-Activating Heart Intelligence and Intuition (Rollin McCraty, MA)
- Discerning Life's Turning Points: Reflections of Personal and Professional Transformations
(Michael Grosso, PhD, Naomi Judd, RN and Peter Russell, MA, DCS)
- Qigong Therapy: Miracles of Natural Healing (Luke Chan)
- The Intuitive Wisdom From a Healing Dream (Marcia Emery, PhD)
- The Etheric Body and How It Creates Disease (robert Jaffe, MD)
- Creative Dissociation: Mobilizing the Resources of the Hidden Self (Michael Grosso, PhD)
- Understanding and Changing Psychophysiologic Patterns (Mark Weisberg, PhD)
- Phantom Limb Pain: The Tip of the Suble Energy Iceberg (Eric Leskowitz, MD)
- Qigong Therapy: Spontaneous Heaing for the Body and Mind (Luke Chan)
- Gifts To Heal the Soul: Giving and Receiving Unconditionally with Joy (Marian Stuart, PhD)
- New Approaches to Things We Thought We Couldn't Change: The Course of Our Own Evolution and
The Shape of Our Own DNA (Glen Rein, PhD and Maria Rein Syldona, PhD)
- The Art of Consultation: Accessing Clients' Consciousness for Healing (Jery Whitworth, RN, CCP)
- Coyote Medicine: What Traditional Native Americans Can Teach Us About Healing
(Lewis Mehl-Madrona, MD, Phd)
- The Dark Night of the Soul: Reflections on Managing Professional Aversity
(Joan Borysenko, PhD, Mehmet Oz, MD and Ernest Rossi, PhD)
- Moments of Grace: Courage in the Face of Change (David Roche)
- An Anthropologist on Mars (Oliver Sacks, MD)
- Bringing Alternative Medicine to the Mainstream: A User's Guide (Mehmet Oz, MD)
- A Peaceful Heart in a Busy World: A Day of Prayer, Comtemplation and
Rededication to Spirit (Joan Borysenko, PhD)
- Tapping the Energy of Life: Healing Others with Qigong (Kenneth Cohen, MA)
- Enhancing Visual Wellness through Eye Exercise, Movement and Massage
(Meir Schneider, PhD, LMT)
- The Transformative Power of Psychophysiologic Patterns (Mark Weisberg, PhD)
For More Information, Brochure Booklet, Registration Form
P.O. Box 523
Mansfield Center, CT 06250
800-743-2226 or 860-456-1153
Kindred Spirits on the Edge
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
March 19-21, 1998
A conference for everyone interested in healing and personal transformation.
25 Two and Four-Hour workshops. 15 Pre-Conference Institutes (March 17-19).
- Brooke Medicine-Eagle
- Sandra Ingerman
- Robert & Judith Gass
- Caroline Casey
- and others....
Call 309-828-2965 for a Conference Brochure or
Spirituality & Healing in Medicine
Chicago Hilton and Tower
Chicago, Illinois, USA
March 20-22, 1998
Harvard Medical School and The Mind/Body Medical Institute of Beth
Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Under the Direction of Herbert Benson, MD
An objective of this course is to explore the relationship between
spirituality and healing in medicine and to give perspectives from
world religions. The physiological, neurological and psychological
effects of healing resulting from spirituality will be presented.
For more than 30 years laboratories at the Harvard Medical School have
systematically studied the benefits of mind/body interactions. The
research established that when a person engages in a repetitive
praayer, word, sound or phrase and when intrusive thoughts are passively
disregarded, a specific set of physiologic changes ensue. There is decreased
metabolism, heart rate, rate of breathing and distinctive slower brain
waves. These changes are the opposite of those induced by stress and have been
labeled the relaxation response. In conjunction with nutrition, exercise
and stress management, the relaxation response is an effective therapy in a
number of diseases that include hypertension, cardiac rhythm irregularities,
many forms of chronic pain, insomnia, infertility, the symptoms of cancer and
AIDS, premenstrual syndrome, anxiety and mild and moderate depression. In fact,
to the extent that any disease is caused or made worse by stress to that extent
this physiological state is an effective therapy.
This work led to consideration of the healing effects of spirituality since
research later established that people experienced increased spirituality as
a result of eliciting this state regardless of whether or not they used a
religious repetitive focus. Spirituality was expressed as experiencing the
presence of a power, a force, an energy, or what was perceived of as God and
this presence was close to the person. Furthermore, spirituality was
associated with fewer medical symptoms.
It is now an appropriate time to bring these findings into fuller contact
with the extremely rich and diverse experiences of the spirituality and healing
of religious traditions. Similarities and differences amongst long-standing
religious practices will be explored from objective, scientific research as
well as from subjective points of view. Data from different religions of the
world will be presented and discussions of death and dying will be emphasized.
Although health professionals are superb
at informing patients about the scientific and medical components of their
serious and life-threatening diseases, there is often a wide gap between that
level of communication and that at which patients hear the words. The patients
are frequently listening at levels related to the meaning of a death-related
disease to their subsequent lives and to their spirituality. This course
strives to narrow the gap.
Other data on spirituality and healing and the power and biology of belief
will be discussed. In addition, the course will strive to identify future
empirical research on the healing aspects of spirituality in medicine.
Appropriate music relating to solace, spirituality and healing will be played
at breaks during the conference to enhance the learning experience.
Who Should Attend
- Social Workers
- Allied Health Professionals
- Healthcare Administrators
- The Genesis of the Course, The Relaxation Response and Spirituality
- Death and Dying in the Worlds of Mind Body Medicine:
Insights, Silences, New Questions
- The Epidemiology of Spirituality
- Spirituality and Medical Outcomes
- Jewish Religious Observance and Measures of Health in Israel
- Spiritual Healing Practices
(Presentations on: Buddhist, Jewish, Catholic, Hispanic-Pentecostal,
- Nursing with Emphasis on Florence Nightingale
- Spiritual Healing Practices from a Medical Student's Point of View
- Creative Dialogue in Small Groups Focusing on Course Presentation
- The Pursuit of Personal and Social Healing: What Role for Spirituality
- Spirituality, Healing in Children
- Spirituality, Healing at the Bedside
- Ethics of Integrating Spirituality, Cross Cultural Issues and End-of-Life
- The Transit of the Soul
- Neurobiological Mechanisms Related to the Placebo Effect
- Remembered Wellness: The Placebo Effect, Healing, The Power and Biology of Belief
For registration information, please contact:
P.O. Box 825
Boston, MA 02117-0825
Body & Soul: Healing the Whole Self
Marriott Marquis, Theatre District
New York City, USA
April 9-11, 1998
Sponsored by Omega Institute & New Age Publishing
The leading national conference on mind/body healing spirituality, creativity
and social transformation. Come experience firsthand what others only read about!
- James Vn Praagh
- Brian Weiss, MD
- Christiane Northrup, MD
- Bernie Siegel, MD
- Jean Houston
- Joan Borysenko, PhD
- Jon & Myla Kabat-Zinn
- Robert & Judith Gass
- David Whyte
- Susan Osborn
- Herbert Benson
- Stephan Rechtschaffen, MD
- Ilana Rubenfeld
- Sharon Salzberg
- Lama Suray Das
- Stephen & Ondrea Levine
- Mona Lisa Schulz, MD, PhD
- Pre- and Post Conference Intensives on April 9th & 12th
- Full-Day Workshops
- CEUs Available
First Annual International Energy Psychology Conference
Golden Nugget Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
April 22-24, 1999
This is the *only* Energy Psychology conference now
being planned in the United States for 1999-- a gathering of the
"best of the best" in this incredibly exciting field.
You are invited to join us for:
- Life-transforming adventure
- Open-minded discussion
- State-of-the-art professional development
- Connection with the generous hearted people who make up
a growing professional (and maybe spiritual) family
.... all in one convenient and very affordable event!
This posting contains a basic "who-what-when-how much-how do I sign up
conference outline. For program details and additional information,
please request "Send EPC Conference Program" to Larry Gilbert at:
Kate Sorensen, conference organizer, may be contacted at
(I'll be traveling Sunday Feb. 21 through Thursday March 4th, but will
This event is designed for everyone in the helping professions who has
been using Energy Psychology methods, or who would like to incorporate
these dynamic tools into their practice. The conference is suitable, as
well, for those who are interested in their own healing and personal
growth. Attendees will include psychologists, psychiatrists, social
workers, nurses, all categories of counselors and practitioners of
energy medicine. Students are welcome.
Due to the enthusiastic response to the first posting, and the number of
times we've heard "only 200 people?", we've expanded our group
capacity. Attendance is now limited to 280 for the main conference, 140
for the pre-conference EFT workshop and 60 for the TAT and BSFF
post-conference workshops. Plenty of spots are available as of 2/15/99;
however the word is getting out and registrations are coming in every
day, so as soon as you decide that this is a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity that's too good to miss, please let us know! (also, see
Early Registration Bonuses below).
During the entire three day conference there will be at least one
program at any given time that is
appropriate for those who are new to Energy Psychology studies and one
that is designed for those with experience in the field. In
addition, there will be presentations on a number of special issues,
suitable for anyone with interest in those areas. For most of the
conference there will be three concurrent tracks with multiple,
ground-breaking options to choose from. The whole group will join
together for opening and closing sessions, keynote address and first day
We hope that those of you who have enjoyed e-mail networking will come
to connect in person. Also, if you have colleagues to whom you would
like to introduce these methods, the conference will be an accessible,
high quality opportunity for them to jump into the heart of this whole
The conference and workshops will run from 9 AM until 5 PM each day,
with optional evening activities (organized and/or spontaneous)
depending on interest.
***Gary Craig will teach a pre-conference workshop on Emotional Freedom
Technique (EFT) on April 21. This is highly recommended--but not
required-- for those who have not used any of the "tapping" methods, or
for anyone who would like to gain more confidence in using EFT. Most
of the subsequent conference workshops will build upon basic concepts
taught in the EFT workshop.
***A post-conference TAT workshop with Tapas Fleming will be held on
Sunday, April 25th, providing the latest format of complete training in
the TAT method.
***A post-conference BSFF (Be Set Free Fast) workshop with Larry Nims,
Ph.D., will be held on Sunday, April 25th, expanding on his 2 hour BSFF
conference presentation on Saturday the 24th (conference day #3).
Thursday April 22nd through Saturday the 24th is a mixed conference
The current schedule includes:
***Thursday the 22nd
*Opening Keynote speech and Learning Enhancement Exercise
Choose from the following:
- A. Brief Introduction to Methods-- Basic Theory, Development,
Description & Method Outlines (15 minutes each on TFT, EFT, BSFF, TAT,
EDxTM, EMDR, TIR, HBLU)
- B. Steve Reed, Ph.D., Marketing the Power Therapies-- Secrets to a
Six-Figure Income Without Managed Care, 2 hours
- C. Healing From the Body Level Up, 2 hours (to be confirmed)
***Group Luncheon, Energy Psychology Pioneer Awards
Choose from the following:
- A. Fred Gallo,Ph.D. Energy Psychology history and theory in depth, 3
- B. Nahoma Clinton, Ph.D, Matrix Work, 3 hours (to be confirmed)
- C1. Multicultural Applications and Inspirations, 1 1/2 hours, with
Nancy Evans and Zella Weaver (Navajo Social Workers who use TAT, BSFF,
EMDR, hypnosis and Native American traditional healing with sex abuse
survivors), & Ed Fields, Ph.D., Indian Health Service psychotherapist
successfully working with EFT on the Navajo reservation.
- C2. Larry Gilbert, Cert. Traumatologist, Using Energy Psychology with
Critical Incident Stress Debriefing, 1 1/2 hours
***Friday the 23rd
- A. Gary Craig: The Palace of Possibilities-- Using Energy Psychology
Methods to Create What You *Really* Want, all day. Includes Rehearsing
Positive Outcomes Using Hypnosis and Energy Techniques, with Lee Pulos,
- B. "Power Therapies" Integration (attend one or more of 3 parts, each 1
Part 1: Brian Grodner, Ph.D., Incorporating Empowering Language from
NLP and Ericksonian Hypnotherapy for Optimal Tapping
Part 2: Kate Sorensen, MA, CTS, Using TIR and Metapsychology Principles
to Enhance Energy Psychology Results
Part 3: Mike Gismondi, MA, LPC, How Energy Psychology Adds Safety and
Effectiveness to EMDR
- C. High Energy Fair: Four experiential groups, each one hour in
length, will meet concurrently, giving a total of twelve options during
the morning. These groups will be repeated during the afternoon. You
may attend one or more of the following:
C1. Energy Therapy and Transformational Hypnotherapy:
A Synthesis for the Next Dimension in Healing, with Marilyn Gordon
C2. Accurate Muscle Testing Practice Group, with Norma Felman
C3. Biomonitoring with Energy Psychology Treatments, with Corey Bercun,
Ph.D. and Aerial Long, MA
C4. Whole Hearted Healing, with Grant McFetridge, MA
C5. Spiritual First Aid, with Aerial Long, MA
C6. Shifting Consciousness through Dimensions (SCtD), with Lee
C7. A Spoon Bending Experience with Marla Brucker
C8. Holographic Repatterning, with Victoria Benoit, MA
C9. Brain Gym: Whole Brain Stimulation for Learning and Healing
C10. Using the Pendulum with Energy Psychology Methods
C11. Voice Technology (tm), with Steve Daniels, Ph.D. (to be confirmed)
C12. Resonance Tuning, with Alan Handelsman (a Resonance Tuning evening
class is also planned)
- A. Gary Craig: Advanced EFT
- B. Fred Gallo,Ph.D.: Negative Affect Erasing Method and the TAO, with
an introduction to EDxTM, 3 hours
- C. High Energy Fair: repeat of morning activities
***Saturday the 24th
- A1. Energy Psychotherapy and Spirituality: Letting God Into Our
Playground, 1 1/2 hours
- A2. TBA
- B1. Medical Applications of Energy Psychology, with Marie Green, DSW, 1
- B2. Group Work with Energy Psychology Methods, 1 1/2 hours
- C1. The Energy of Sexuality: Energize Your Love Life! with Meryl
Beck, 1 1/2 hours
- C2. *Tapas Fleming, L.Ac.: TAT special applications, 1 1/2 hours
- A. Larry Nims, Ph.D.: Be Set Free Fast (BSFF), 2 hours
- B. Kate Sorensen, MA, CTS: Merging with the Energy of the Infinite:
Steps Toward Wholeness, 2 hours
- C1. Brian Grodner, Ph.D.: Using Energy Psychology with the Enneagram
and Personality Issues, 1 hour
- C2. Using Energy Psychology Methods with Children and Families, 1 hour
*And there's more.... a waiting list of additional intriguing and
wonderful presentation proposals, testing our ability to find meeting
space. I continue to be astounded by the degree of competence,
creativity and insight in this group!
Even if the official agenda is full, we'd still like to know if you have
something to teach or demonstrate, perhaps informally, so we can help
facilitate networking and sharing of information among participants.
Full workshop titles, descriptions, and presenter backgrounds are
in the complete conference program write-up mentioned above (available
after 2/24, upon request). If you are not now registering but would
like to get bi-weekly e-mail updates, please send the message "Add my
name to the EPC Update List" to
***The conference also features:
- Investigations into Intention, Luck and Bioenergetic Phenomena of
Gambling. Registration entitles conference participants to a share of
the Energy Psychology Casino Research :-) Pool. The Research Project
will be administered by a former professional gambler who will share her
insights and design experiments to test energy-related hypotheses
related to gaming outcomes.
- Informal technical discussion and practice meetings in the evenings
- Session demonstrations and private sessions given by presenters (as
time permits, make your request with registration).
If you have any requests for presenters or topics not previously
mentioned, or any other suggestions, please speak up now! During the
three conference days it may not be possible to offer everything for
everyone, but we're delighted to have the opportunity to try. Let us
know what would fulfill your dreams.
**Continuing Education: Participants will be provided with
documentation for using in securing CE credits (6.5 per day) from their
respective licensure boards and/or professional associations. We are in
the process of obtaining approval as a provider of Continuing Education
for all major specialties in the helping professions and have done this
successfully for past conferences. To inquire about the availability of
a specific type of CE credit, please write to
Pre-conference EFT Workshop on Wednesday 4/21: $95
Three day conference from Thursday 4/22 through Saturday 4/24: Early
Registration rate until March 8: $225
After March 8, space permitting: $275
Student rates: $195 for full-time students with professor's signature
Single day fee: $95, group lunch not included but available for $20
Post-Conference TAT or BSFF Workshop (Sunday the 25th): $150, includes
For conference registration plus pre- or post-conference workshop(s),
you may subtract $25 from each workshop fee.
**Registration fees include conference program, luncheon on Thursday, a
binder with handouts from all workshops and Continuing Education hours.
Registration for the full conference also entitles you to a share of the
Casino Research Pool and discounts on books and videotapes.
Cancellation requests must be received in writing, postmarked on or
before March 25th. After that date, no refunds will be given. A
processing fee of $50 will be charged for all cancellations. As an
alternative for cancellation at any date, another person may attend in
your place (with written request in advance), or all fees may be applied
to future events sponsored by the Transformation Training Network or
Trauma Relief Services on a space available basis.
***Hotel information: The Golden Nugget Hotel is pleased to offer
elegant rooms for just $49 per night, single or double Sun-Thurs, and
$89 per night Fri-Sat. There is a 2-night minimum stay.
To reserve your room, phone the Golden Nugget directly at (800)634-3454
and mention the Energy Psychology Conference for this special rate.
A block of 100 hotel rooms will be held for conference participants
until March 21st, or until taken. To sign up for room sharing, write to
email@example.com and include the following information: male/female,
smoking/non, dates, anything else you'd like in a roommate or would want
your roommate to know about you.
***Travel Arrangements and Discounts: We have selected Conventions in
America as the official travel agency for this event. Call
1-800-929-4242, M-F 6:30 AM-5:00 PM Pacific Time, and ask for Group #701
to receive 5-10% discounts on the lowest published airfares for
Southwest or America West Airlines, or for the lowest available fares on
any other carrier.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, website (use #701): www.scitravel.com.
Contact email@example.com for codes to use for discounts if you choose to call
the airlines directly or use your own travel agency.
A frequent shuttle, for $4.25 each way), runs from the Las Vegas
McCarran Airport directly to the Golden Nugget Hotel. You will receive
transportation details with your registration confirmation.
Most sessions will be videotaped, but at this time we cannot ensure that
they will later be made available to the public. If you have interest
in getting videotape from this or previous conferences, please request
(firstname.lastname@example.org) that your name be put on a list for notification if and
when they are produced.
*Conference Bookstore: We will have Energy Psychology-related books,
tapes and biomonitoring meters for sale at discounted prices. Let us
know if you
have books, tapes, manuals or other items that you would like us to
offer, and if you are available for scheduled product demonstrations or
book signing. Also, feel free to recommend any items that you think
would be of value to this group.
*Handout table: Participants are welcome to bring newsletters, client
handouts, information about their methods, products and services, or
anything else you'd like to share. To maximize availability and
maintain a professional atmosphere, we prefer that actual on-site sales
of products be carried out through the bookstore, although
demonstrations are encouraged anywhere and everywhere.
*Any Final Requests?
There is still a bit of room for input and adjustments to the program.
Please contribute any ideas you have about what would make it even
On a personal level, this conference may offer one of life's peak
experiences. In the Big Picture, we believe it has world-transforming
potential. I sincerely hope you'll join us.
Kate Sorensen, Director
Transformation Training Network
Body & Soul: Austin
Austin, Texas, USA
May 21-23, 1998
Sponsored by Omega Institute & New Age Publishing
Body & Soul conferences have emerged as the premier forum for exploration in the fields
of mind/body healing, spirituality, creativity and social transformation.
Offered for the first time in Austin, Body & Soul provides you with tools for healing and
transformation. We invite you to take part in the Body & Soul community -- good-hearted,
like-minded people connecting, learning, and enriching our lives.
Don't miss this chance to see so many of America's leading visionaries, teachers, and
healers together in one place!
- Andrew Weil, MD
- Wayne Dyer, PhD
- Joan Borysenko, PhD
- Jean Houston
- Larry Dossey, MD
- Brian Weiss, MD
- Mona Lisa Schulz, MD, PhD
- Gabrielle Roth
- Candace Pert, PhD
- Robert Gass, Edd
- Judith Gass, MSW
- Stephan Rechtschaffen, MD
- and many more!
- Full-Day Workshops
- CEUs Available
The Association for Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and
Health; Birth & Consciousness in the New Millennium
The Cathedral Hill Hotel
San Francisco, California, USA
December 3-6, 1999
In our 1999 Congress we pause at the threshold of a new millennium.
This historic time presents a great opportunity to respectfully remembers
our roots, take stock of present reality of birth in all its aspects,
and to vision the future. Throughout human history ancient rituals and
traditions, natural healing and feminine wisdom have surrounded and
supported pregnancy and birth. Much of that has been over-shadowed by
the explosion of 20th century science and technology. Modern medicine has
given us many miracles and life-saving procedures, but to a human infant,
science without a personal loving connection causes damage which technology
cannot repair. In our quest we must be mindful of the human as well as the
Invited Speakers & Workshop Leaders Include:
- David Chamberlain, Ph.D.
- Robbie Davis-Floyd, Ph.D.
- William Emerson, Ph.D.
- Barbara Findeisen, MFCC
- Stanislav Grof, M.D.
- Gay Hendricks, Ph.D.
- Kathlyn Hendricks, Ph.D.
- Marshall Klaus, M.D.
- Phyllis Klaus, MFCC
- Bruce Lipton, Ph.D.
- Joseph Chilton Pearce
- Michael Trout, M.A.
- Laura Uplinger, B.A.
- Thomas Verny, M.D.
- Continuing Education Credit
- Pre-Conference Workshops
- Verny Award
- Cheek Memorial Lecture
- Breakfasts and Lunches Included
- Bookstore, Art & Music
Lively debates and forums led by psychologists, scientists, philosophers
and clinicians explore research and perspectives on blending the miracle
of the human spirit with the miracles of modern medicine. These sessions
provide an opportunity to explore ideas and methods of prenatal and perinatal
psychology and health.
- Intuition and Birth
Intuition has earned a time-honored place in birth and continues to play
a vital role in indigenous cultures. Often devalued by technology, it is still
a powerful and valuable source of guidance and knowledge and will be the
focus of this forum.
- Science and Birth
The more rational and linear way of science and technology provides us with
valuable information and skills. It also raises certain ethical and moral
considerations. This session examines the blessings and liabilities of the
science of modern birth practices.
- Psychology and Birth
The psychological environment of the womb, birth and beyond, including
technology, has a tremendous impact on the emotional and social development
of the child. Research shows how vital these earliest experiences are in the
development of the child's emotional well being and sense of self. This forum
considers preventive and corrective methods which best ensure positive
- Vision and Birth
This session explores a broad spectrum of needs and approaches to create
possibilities for improving birth practices in the new millennium. With our
collective wisdom and knowledge we shall envision integrating the best of
heart and science as a gift for the future of us all.
Special Early Rate: $225.00 if paid by January 15, 1999
After 1/15/99: $275.00 (Members); $315.00 (Non Members)
After 9/15/99: $330.00 (Members); $370.00 (Non Members)
The Cathedral Hill Hotel is offering reduced room rates to conference
attendees. To book rooms call 800-622-0855 or 415-776-8200.
For registration form contact:
340 Colony Road Box 994
Geyserville, CA 95441